Lamb

Lamb

Monday, May 17, 2021

Spring Gardens



Hello dear friends, it has been ages since I have posted anything about our farm!  Time flies and the gardens are changing daily.  Masses of tulips and daffodils are providing us with some glorious colour-if only they lasted longer!  Last year we ordered several hundred daffodils and tulips from our favourite supplier, and although it was a struggle to get them all planted it is worth the effort!

My love of statues in no secret!  I am so sad that the shop we have purchased so many statues from has closed.  We will need to look for another shop so I can add to the collection.  Many of these statues mark the final resting places of our dear pets.  We have had 14 dogs and 8 cats in our time here at the farm and are so happy to still have them here even though many of them have passed away.


















I mentioned that we ordered hundreds of bulbs last fall.  I simply couldn't seem to get them planted fast enough even though all arrived early in the fall.  In the end we planted clumps of them along one of our cedar hedges.



Some glorious red tulips in our tulip tree garden.  In the background you can see Lake Ophelia.  We are so pleased that we took on the rehabilitation of our old farm pond last year.  It was not on our list of priorities but we are thrilled with the results.  Now we must be patient while it slowly fills with water.  


My old garden shed needs some attention this year.  A new paint job, some repairs to the old glass windows and a good clearing out are in order.  I am sure I will find many items I have been searching for stashed inside.




We remain under stay at home orders in our part of the world but I am hopeful that we have seen the worst of covid and look forward to be able to have friends and family join us this summer at our farm.  I hope everyone is staying safe and well and thank you for visiting my blog.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment