Lamb

Lamb

Wednesday, December 11, 2019

A Little Pre-Christmas dinner


Hello dear friends, this is a very busy time of year for us at the farm!  We are not alone, I know!  Last weekend we had the first of what seems like weekly dinners at the farm for family and friends.  My favourite part of the Chrisrmas season is getting together with friends to get caught up and enjoy some food and drink in our festively decorated farmhouse.

A few weeks ago I was shopping in town for a gift and came across this lovely snow globe.  It followed me home.




The outdoor Christmas tree situation has been complicated by a lack of extension cords.  The outdoor trees are up and decorated but only two of them are lit!  Today in a windstorm both trees on the front veranda blew over but fortunately did not break.  In a previous windstorm a few weeks ago one of the big trees on a different deck blew over and literally broke at the base.  No worries though as I have some instagram inspiration that will allow that tree to be reincarnated for next year!


This pretty little tree sits on our portico deck which is a little more sheltered.  The little deer next to it takes frequent tumbles in the wind.


I love this Home For The Holidays sign!


A view of this year's dining room mantlepiece decorated for Christmas.


The crystal decanters are standing by!  Some of these decanters came from my great grandmother.  I dont actually use any of them but like how they look.


Friends gave us this collection of ornaments with a gentle reference to the number of Christmas trees we put up every year.



The gazebo has its' usual tree.


This weekend we will be hosting our family Christmas dinner to accommodate the travel plans of my brother and his partner.  I will make some time on Sunday to put up the last two trees in our guest bedrooms and then I think I will be finished with the decorating for this year.  Now it will be time to relax and enjoy the warmth and coziness of the  holiday season!

~thank you for visiting!~

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! Beautiful! And beautiful again!
    Snow globe is phenomenal. I like her very much.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Caroline,
    I love all your trees and your Christmas mantle.
    Hope you have a wonderful Christmas!
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! I have had shepherds for years. My ONLY complaint is that I wish you posted more often!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so happy that you are enjoying my blog! We do love our shepherds too. I have been taking some photos and will put up a new post soon! Please do visit again.

      Delete