Lamb

Lamb

Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Father's Day Dinner at the Farm


Hello dear friends,
Last week we celebrated Father's Day at the farm.  It was one year and 6 days since my father passed away but we thought we should celebrate regardless.  As my husband and brother are both fathers we thought it would be a great way to combine and honour both!

The weather has been unseasonably wet and cool and along with those conditions we have mosquitoes.  Absolute clouds of them.  So while we love to eat outside we decided that we would have to be inside.  We set up shop in our partially completed dining room.







My mother is very partial to shrimp.  Traditionally we have steak.  And since my brother, his partner, and my husband and I are tiny foodies I like to try new recipes.  We had fettuccine that was tossed with assorted types of cherry tomatoes that had been marinating in basil infused olive oil with garlic and parmesan cheese and a corn salad that was made with red onions and an olive oil cider vinegar dressing.  I loved the pasta but the corn salad....not so much. 






I had prepared a large pitcher of ice water infused with lemon, lemon balm from the garden and kiwis.  We had home made croissants and candles just for fun.



The table cloth was a find at a vintage store.  I like to serve kosher salt in a pinwheel crystal liqueur glass.  I was gifted a number of little glass yogurt pots from a dear friend and used those to make a very impromptu flower arrangement.  So impromptu that while everyone was coming in one door I was dashing around the garden with snips of shrubs then sneaking in another door while everyone was getting settled.






The dishes are a discontinued pattern from Royal Doulton that I have had for about 30 years.  



This is Bridal Wreath Spirea.


This is an old honeysuckle that was already ancient when we purchased the farm.  Another little pot has a few springs of Centaurea Montana which is a lovely but ever so weedy perennial.  It is actually a cobalt blue but the candlelight makes it look purple.  And I love the vintage glass candle holders that were a Christmas gift from another dear friend.  

Thank you for taking a quick peak at my dinner arrangements and I look forward to having you visit again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment