Lamb

Lamb

Sunday, January 9, 2022

Taking Down Christmas



Hello dear friends, another Covid Christmas has come and gone!  Our friends and family know that I love to decorate our old farmhouse for Christmas and we love to host intimate holiday events starting in November.  Sadly this is the second year that we have not been able to do so...but the good news is that both my husband and I remain healthy and Covid free!  So I (mostly) decorated the house even though we didn't have guests to help us enjoy the season.  I hope you will enjoy a virtual visit before I start packing everything up for another year.

When we first starting thinking about an addition to our old farmhouse a big dining room was a priority.  I wanted room to be able to host dinners for about a dozen people.  For those that know us, the part of the renovation we were responsible for has actually dragged on for about 6 years now.  On Christmas Eve evening my husband finished laying the new flooring for our dining room just in time for Christmas dinner.  More on the dining room renovations another time but for now here is a picture of our dining room mantel piece at Christmas.



I just love finding ornaments for our Christmas trees.



Henry was often found napping or snoozing or resting under the tree in the dining room.


I put up and decorated a tree for our bedroom.  This tree has a Victorian theme and features many hand made decorations.  Every night we would sleep with the tree lit.  The warm glow is just lovely in our big bedroom.


There is a tree in the dining room as well.  I mentioned that the flooring is now down so all of the wood trim is the next big project.  This room will look quite different next Christmas!


Of course we also have a Christmas tree in the kitchen! 


We have a tree in our portico entryway which has a woodland theme.  A couple of years ago my mother helped me make some ornaments for this tree which is decorated with cardinals, owls, pinecones and other woodland creatures.  For those that are looking closely, this are also needs trim and flooring.


Our living room tree.


New this this year is a tree for our library.  It has a sort of gawdy, bright and garish feel to it.  My mother had already made some brightly coloured felt ornaments and I had wanted to make other ornaments but somehow just didnt have the time.


This tree is in one of our guest rooms.  No overnight guests this year.



I hope you enjoyed this quick sampling of some of our decorations!  Wishing a healthy and safe 2022 for everyone and thank you for visiting!
 

1 comment: