Lamb

Lamb

Wednesday, December 1, 2021

Snowy Afternoon Walk


Hello dear friends, here I am after a very long absence!  We have had a very busy fall here at the farm with a great many (unfinished) projects on the go and that, my friends, is the reason I haven't been posting any updates. 

We have had a couple of snowfalls already including one this past Sunday so I thought I would take a little walk around while my husband was nursing a sore back after a slip and fall on our road.  As it turns out trying to walk around the fields wasn't much better than our trip down the road so the walk ended up being rather short!




The sun tried but failed to break through the steady but light snowfall.




This is our youngest Muscovy duck.  I was a little surprised to see him outside and then I was more surprised to see how far he travels based on his tracks in the snow!




Last year we snowshoed through this part of our farm.  I was only going to my office one day a week then but now I am commuting every day so finding time to enjoy the outdoors it a little more challenging.  (OK, a lot more challenging!)




We have 16 lambs at the moment and 4 of them have decided that they like milk from a baby bottle.  We use a bottle to supplement lambs if their mums are not able to produce enough milk for them.



One of the nice features of having a retired husband is have a fire in the fireplace each evening.  We have lot of old fallen or damaged trees that we can use for fuel and as the weather gets colder a fire feels very cozy.




Every year I say my little garden shed needs attention.  Maybe 2022 year will be the year I empty it, paint the inside, and reorganize the contents!




I love my Schwinn 3 wheeled bike!  It really should take itself off the barn for storage over the winter. 😉




We had a good year for hay.  Our square bales are stored in the barn and the round bales are stored outside.



The chickens still have access to forage outside, even in the snow.




This lovely little building is Rose Cottage and was a big project for my husband this fall.  He designed and built it from scratch, it is not a kit!  One day I will share another post on the construction.





Our lovely little garden arbour.



 Our gate nestled in the snow.


I hope you enjoyed this quick little walk!  Wishing everyone a good week.

No comments:

Post a Comment